Saturday, February 21, 2009

Falling Down

Hey everyone! Welcome to my new blog, where I'm gonna be detailing the creation of the upcoming video game Falling Down!
Falling Down is a classic 16-bit styled platformer in the same vein as Super Mario World and Sonic and Knuckles, I've been working on it by myself for the past month and so far I have the storyline down and the move set for one of the characters done, along with a lot of concept art I've been doodling. I hope to have this game finished by next year, with an October 2010 release date, to coincide with the next New York Comic Con, which I hope to have a booth at, but nothing is confirmed yet.
Hopefully I'll have some concept art to share by the end of this week, but I'm making this game at the same time as my next album AND I have a job, so it'll be a slow process.
I CAN tell you this much about the game though:

*Classic 2D side-scrolling platformer

*Fully animated intro and ending, maybe even fully animated cutscenes

*3 characters to play as, each one with different abilities

*Different paths in each level, similar to Star Fox 64, if you go down one path you'll go on to the next level, if you go down another path you'll go on to a different next level.

*A kickin' hard rock soundtrack!

*MINI-GAMES!!!

Yeah, this game is gonna rock, I've been playing a lot of similar old-school games trying to cook up with some good ideas, so this game will definitely be something to look out for!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds Cool man, those kinds of games live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete