Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gameplay Concept Artwork



Oh hey wow is this an actually relevant post?! I felt kinda bad for making every image I post either Sonic related or Package Deal related, so I went and made some concept art of how the game SHOULD look!

NOTE: I AM NOT THE BACKGROUND ARTIST FOR THE GAME!! THIS IS SOMETHING I WHIPPED UP IN AN HOUR FROM SCRATCH IN MS PAINT! THE FINAL GAME WILL BE MUCH MORE DETAILED AND BETTER LOOKING!

This took me a while to make, I used a lot of Spade's Package Deal comics as the inspiration for this, to the point where I actually stole the grass because the grass I made was dull and lifeless. At first the buildings were all red, like red brick buildings, but that proved to be too... unattractive, as it clashed with Kail's red hair and the Health Bar.

OH WAIT! IS THAT THE HEALTH BAR?!

Ok since I showed you the health bar, here's how the health system works in the game. Each character has a set number of bars, Kail has four, someone else might have five, the other guy might have three, but for now since I barely begun to work on the other characters, I'll just talk about Kail. When you get hit by an enemy you lose one bar, once you lose all four you die. To gain your health back, you need to find energy drinks! The in-game energy drink is called "Getting Up" which, if you hadn't noticed, is a funny little in-joke poking fun at the game's title. One energy drink will give you one bar, one turbo-fueled energy drink will fill you up completely.

Next post I'll talk about the battle system... maybe, idk lol.

Peace,
-Kail

No comments:

Post a Comment